Ugh! What a horrible week I have had! Starting on Monday our cable and internet kept going in and out. It would work for a few minutes and then stop working for hours. But that's not even close to the worst of it! Friday morning Faith and Logan woke up and I turned on the TV while I make them breakfast. At 8:30 am (in the middle of making pancakes, eggs, and bacon) our power went out, and since everything over here is electirc NOTHING worked (except running water). So we ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for breakfast. I called the power company and they told me that someone hit a main power line and they had no idea when the power was going to be on again and power was out in the whole county! Oh yea, this just happend to be the coldest and windyest day we've had in months! So around noon I tried calling some friends to see if we could go to one of their homes and hang out for a while. Well, with my luck they both have cordless phones so neither of their phones were working while the power was off. Around 4pm the temp in our living room went from around 70 to 40 so the kids and I hung out in my bedroom where it was still warm all day. 6pm it's pitch black and the power is still off. 7pm Jon calls and I tell him what's going on, the first thing he asks me is "did you pay the bill?" 7:30 there's a knock on the door, it's Amanda Craig coming over to take us to her house, thank heavens! So we go to her house and put the kids to bed then turn on the news. The weather man comes on and says "Turn your heaters up, tonight's high is going to be 10* F!" 10*, and more than half the county still doesn't have any power! I call the power company at 9am the next morning and power's on everywhere except for the apartment complex I live in! I call again around 3pm and we finally have power. So we finally go home and Amanda suggests that we go through my fridge. It smells horrible! So I threw everything away and ordered pizza. Ugh!
Black belts
10 years ago

2 comments:
That sounds just awful! At least you had a good friend to take care of you. That is nice! I hope it gets better for you.
Holy Cow. That is horrible. Isn't it weird how different those situations are when you have two kids? I am glad you had a friend to take care of you.
Post a Comment