CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 18, 2009

Canada

(Ruthanne, Bradley, Tanner, Kaylee, Alyssa, Me, & Jonathan)

We made a day trip to Canada the Saturday before Mother's Day with my In-Laws. We decided to go before the U.S. closed it's boarders and you need a passport to get back in. We went to this campground that they used to go to all the time when they were growing up.

There is this really cool playground and tons of grass to run around on between the campground and the lake. All my kids had a blast, especially Lexi.

Bradley and Ruthanne had as much fun playing on the playground as Faith and Logan did.


Jonathan snuck in a picture of me.
Jonathan took Logan to the lake and Logan was playing with the sand. Well as the sand was sifting through his fingers Logan said "Dad, the sand is melting!"

I love having Alyssa home from BYU-ID for the summer. She's been a great help with my kids and they adore her!

We bbq'd hotdogs for lunch and Lexi grabbed one and started eating it whole. She ate at least three.

Jonathan and his dad cooking hotdogs
Logan and Kaylee playing
Lisa (my mother in-law) has this tradition that whenever family gets together we play Apples to Apples and whoever the winner is gets to sign this purple crown and wear it for the day. Logan liked it so she let him wear it while we played. You can see Jon's and my names on it.

On our way home we decided to take a different route and go on the ferry. Here's all of us waiting for over 1.5 hours for it.

While we waited for the ferry we bought some ice cream. It was the most expensive and nastyest ice cream any of us has ever had.

Grandpa Plumb too Faith and Logan to the shore to feed the ducks.
The ferry finally came
Here's what Jon, Bradley, and I did on the ferry
Here's what everyone else did

It was a really fun day trip. I hope we do it again soon. Thanks Lisa for letting me steal pictures off your blog :).

6 comments:

Shane and Alissa said...

That looked like such a fun trip! I can't believe you're that close to Canada. Lexi is so adorable and getting so big.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley! Your kids are getting so big. Looks like you had fun on your trip. Jon keeps wanting to go back to Washington to visit his mission. Maybe some day we'll go and stop by for a visit.

Ryan and Angela said...

Super cute. I heard Bradley tried to take a minor across they border with him. You look so pretty in that picture.

Dizzy Kate said...

What a fun trip!! I loved the pictures.

Carl and Starla said...

I loved all the pictures, especially the one where you guys are waiting for the ferry! You look just THRILLED! ha! ha!

Cassie said...

Good for you guys, it looks like you had a great time! I love your blog, it's so darling!