Hey guys how are all of you? I know I haven't updated in a LONG time so I decided to finally get around to it. So I am going to tell you everything that's happened in the last three months. Sorry I don't have any pictures but I'll steal some from Lisa (my mother in-law) and my mom promised to send me pictures so as soon as I have those and can figure out how to scan them onto my computer so I can post them. Well here we go...
May 5th- Jonathan and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary! Wow we've been married for 6 years already and have been through so much. I know a few people didn't think that we would make it past six months but here we are 6 years and three kids later and we are more happily married than ever! For those of you who don't know our story - we met in Utah at a grocery store that we both worked at (Harmon's). I worked with his grandpa for close to a year before he started working there and that is how we met. I asked one of the supervisors about him and the first thing I heard about him was how much he loved working with his Grandpa. The first thing I ever said to him was "nice tie"(he was wearing a forest green Harmon's shirt with a bright purple tie). We joked and laughed about it and after that it was pretty much love at first sight. I was dating someone else the first time he asked me out, I was actually going to tell him no but Xandra my sister told me that I should go out with Jonathan anyway and make my current "boyfriend" jealous. We watched The Count of Monte Cristo and talked about how we wanted to live in mansions with moats and sharks in the moat. He asked me out again for the midnight movie that Saturday and I told him that I "had plans". As my luck goes Jonathan's friends and him saw me at the movies with my boyfriend and his friends. I totally thought he wasn't going to ask me out ever again, but he did. I dumped my boyfriend a few days later (two days before Valentines day to be exact) and look where all that has lead us to today....
May 17th- Jonathan celebrated his 26th birthday. We didn't make a big deal about it as he doesn't think that anyone should have just one day where everyone is supposed to be nice and do special things for him, he thinks that we should act like that everyday :). We pretty much just went to a dinner and a movie like we usually do when we go out.
June- Nothing really happened
July- My mom and her new husband Fred came into town and visited for a few days. It was great being able to see my mom again and to really get to know Fred. He really is a great guy and my mom seems really happy with him. We went to Riverfront Park and fed the geese, took the kids to see Ice Age 3, walked around the Spokane Temple grounds, and just hung out and relaxed at our apartment. They were totally exhausted as they just came from Walt Disney World and Utah before that and I believe a cruise before that. I totally wish that they could have stayed longer or that I lived closer to them. Faith, Logan, and Lexi totally adore my mom and they really liked Fred too. I can't wait to see my mom again.
July 28- Logan celebrated his 4th birthday. Lisa has pictures on her blog as we couldn't find our camera at the time. We had pizza, confetti cake, and strawberry swirl ice cream to eat. Ruthanne even came over, hung out, and gave Logan a glow in the dark CTR ring. Grandma and Grandpa Plumb gave him a children's bible storybook, and Jon and I gave him a couple of puzzles and crayons. He was happy but pretty crabby so he ended up having to go to bed early. For a four year old boy though he is very behaved and a really good listener, for the most part anyway. :D
August 1- Ruthanne and Bradley had their baby. She went into labor Friday afternoon and was born at 5:58am Saturday. He was 7lbs 7oz, 19" long, and they named him Tyler. She was in labor for over 12 hours and it was really hard on her towards the end. Bradley was so cute, he stayed in the room with her the whole time (except when her family kicked him out to have some alone time with her) and he played with her hair and held her hand all 12+ hours. When his baby was born he of course cried, it was really sweet to see him with tears streaming down his face. He is so in love with that baby boy and he is incredible with him. I thought he was great with my kids but he's amazing with little Tyler.
Well that about sums it up. As soon as my mom sends me pictures of their visit here I'll see what I can do to get them copied onto my computer so I can post them, I'm really excited to see what they look like. If you want to see pictures of any of the other events I'm sure Lisa has them on her blog so feel free to go take a look :). Love you all and hope everyone out there is doing well. I really wish I lived closer to all of you so my kids and I had some friends to play with. I'm very glad that you all blog so I can see what you all have been up to, it makes me feel closer to all of you and I love watching you and your family's grow. Keep updating!
Black belts
10 years ago

3 comments:
Hey Ashley, it sounds like you've been busy. You need to come visit again soon, or better yet you should move here (hint hint) :)
FINALLY! Geesh! J/K Anyway, looks like an eventful summer. Email me or I'll email you...I just had a friend move to Spokane from here...her husband is an oral surgeon & they don't know anyone yet. I'm so happy you got to see your mom...I adore her too! SHH! Don't tell, but she is my favorite aunt & your dad is still my favorite uncle. Anyway, I love it when you update because I miss ya so much! Tell the kids hi from me!
Yay! I love when you update. I loved hearing the story about you and Jonathan meeting. Xandra is the best! It was fun hearing all about your family and what you have been up to the past couple of months. The Bill Ctibor family is going to try and make it to Utah next summer. I hope we see you and Jonathan also. That would be so much fun!!
Post a Comment