CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 12, 2010

Christmas '09


Jon and I made our yearly drive down to Utah with our three kids for Christmas this year, but this year we decided to surprise my mom. Originally we weren't going to go down but at the last minute (literally) we decided to go anyway.
On the way down we stayed with my brother Brandon who lives in Tooele, Ut. Anyone who knows Brandon would not be surprised to find several guitars, a drum set, a few microphones, and a couple amps in his basement. Of course he had to show us all of the toys down there and we all took turns playing the drums while Brandon rocked out on his guitar.
Logan had a blast making lots of noise
Lexi and I were the back-up singers
Brandon had Jon down there for at least an hour messing around with him

While the big boys were in the basement making lots of noise, the little boys (Logan and Brody) were on the ground floor playing spider man.
Faith and Macey were upstairs playing dress-up and other games


We got to my sister's house early in the morning on the same day that my mom was supposed to get into town. Jon and I hid in the kitchen while our kids hid outside when my mom showed up. My sister lured her into the kitchen by saying "Mom you have to see what I did to my kitchen, you are going to LOVE it!" then Jon and I jumped out and yelled "SURPRISE!". I wish I had gotten a picture of her face, she stood there for at least a minute staring at us and looking very confused. She even said afterward that she didn't recognize us at first because she didn't expect it to be us. It was very funny and we were all very happy and excited that we surprised her.

My family goes all out every year and acts out the Nativity Story




Here's us Christmas Day. Aunt Xandra and Gradma Marlene gave us a really nice Christmas.




1 comments:

Mom/Lisa said...

These photos are wonderful! I love the live nativity and Jonathan plays the drums? Who would have known?