Yesterday, May 5, Jonathan and I had our 7 year anniversary. Horray!!! 7 years already, where has the time gone? As Jonathan and I were driving home from EWU (Eastern Washington University) yesterday I was thinking about us and how our relationship started and how it's developed and I realized that we're a paradox. Everything that people say doesn't happen or won't work out or last, has happened to us and we've worked it out and lasted. When we first met, it was love at first sight for both of us. We eloped then sealed two years later, and have been happily married for 7 years. We had a long distance relationship more than once. We also made it through a deployment when the divorce rate for his company was over 60%. When I told Jonathan about my idea, he said "It's because God put us on this earth to show everyone that anything is possible." So much for the ideas that love at first sight doesn't exist, running away and getting married doesn't last, if you have a civil marriage you most likely won't get sealed later on, long distance relationships don't work, and military marriages don't last long (especially if they deploy).
We actually started celebrating a little early. On Tuesday when he got home from school we went to the store and bought a couple of movies and then started them as soon as the kids were in bed. Well, in the middle of watching Tooth Fairy Jonathan slips on the most beautiful ring I have EVER seen!
I've been wanting to get a new one since I smashed my ring (with my finger still in it) in the hall closet door a few months ago but Jonathan never wanted to go looking with me and I didn't want to buy one myself or spend the money on a really expensive one. Little did I know he was planning on buying me one for our anniversary. I was in total shock, I did not expect it and I LOVE it but now I have to wait 2 weeks for them to size it :(. Anyway, we ended up watching movies until about midnight when we both crashed.
The next morning we went out to breakfast and Target where we finally spent the gift card my mom gave me months ago for Lexi's birthday. Jonathan also found some Nerf swords in the toy aisle and just had to buy them for the kids. What's really funny about the swords is that on each of them it says "CAUTION: Do not poke or hit people or animals. Stay away from breakable objects." Ya, let's make toy swords for kids and then tell them not to hit or poke people or animals with them...like that's going to happen.
We also took a drive out to EWU and the air force base to get some things for Jon's class A's that he has to wear for inspection today and for an awards ceremony next week. Then for dinner we went to Azteca with Jon's parents, Emily, and Jason. It was a blast and very, very, crowded and loud. We got our names on the waiting list 45 minutes before we got there, we were the 4th people on the list, when we got there they told us that there would only be a 10 minute wait, and we still didn't get seated until well over an hour after we got there. Twice they told us that they were cleaning a table off for us and it still took them well over 20-30 minutes after they told us that before they were really ready for us.
Anyway, we did have an excellent anniversary. I love my Jonathan soo much and am very thankful for him. He has always taken care of us and continues to do so even while getting excellent grades in school and keeping up his military duties. He's very smart and I love the way he thinks and every time he comes up with a new idea. I love talking and laughing with him all night until we both finally fall asleep. I love how he's always there for me even when he was deployed he always figured out a way to help me though the hard times and be there when my dad passed away. He's my best friend and he's perfect for me. I couldn't have been given a better husband.
Black belts
10 years ago

3 comments:
Wow, what a wonderful post and what a wonderful marriage you two have. I'm so proud of both of you and thankful for the example you are in our family. Thank you for sharing your anniversary with us and that funny memory from Azteca. And thank you for sharing your lives with us.
Awesome! Happy Anniversary & yes that is a gorgeous ring!
Congrats on your anniversary!
Post a Comment