CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Justice Alexia

1am on March 20th I woke up to Logan crying, he never wakes up in the middle of the night so I went to see what was wrong. His blanket fell off him so I helped him and then went back to bed. That's when the contractions started. I tried going back to sleep but after about 4 strong ones within 15 minutes I gave up and decided to take a shower. I got my hospital bag ready just in case and tried walking around and such just to see if they were going anywhere. A little after 2am they were 3 minutes apart so I woke up Jonathan and he made some phone calls. We got to the hospital between 3:30-4am. I was 5cm dilated and was having regular contractions so they admitted me. By the time I got to my room and got the IV in me (took 2 nurses and 5 tries in 4 different spots to get it in) it was around 4:30am. Soon after I felt the very strong urge to push. A nurse checked me and I was 9cm dilated and complete but they weren't quite ready for the baby so I was told not to push....haha ya right! My midwife came in and said "Well, you can either wait for your epidural and your water to break on it's own or we can break your water and you can have your baby in about 20 minutes." We had her break my water. At 4:51am Lexi was born a whopping 8lbs 5oz and 20.5" long. It was a very short and very painful labor, especially without ANY pain meds, but was totally worth it!





6 comments:

Dizzy Kate said...

Congratulations Ashlee! She is sooo cute! Your kids are so good with her.

Mom/Lisa said...

You got some great pictures! She is so cute! Congratulations.

Heidi said...

Congratulations! Sounds painful, but she turned out cute!

Ryan and Angela said...

Oh my goodness she is so beautiful. She doesn't look like a newborn. Maybe because she is big. Or because the labor was fast and she didn't get too banged up. She just looks perfect.

Carl and Starla said...

She is so pretty. Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys! And by the way, sounds like a couple of nurses need to take some more classes on how to put in a successful I.V.! Ouch!

Ashlee said...

you don't know me, i was looking through a friends, friends blog and came across yours. So did you name the baby Justice? I just had a baby boy in January and wanted to name him Justice, I loved the name, but my husband wanted Isaiah. My friends were telling me they liked Justice for a girl. congratulations!!!