CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas

Several people have asked for the recipe I use for my enchiladas. It's not my recipe, I took my favorite from allrecipes.com and changed it a bit but here's the modified one I use.

Chicken Enchiladas:

  • 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1lb) - boiled and shredded
  • 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chile peppers (if you love spicy you can use diced jalapenos or half green chilies, half jalapenos)
  • 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 2 cups cottage cheese
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 pinch ground black pepper
  • 12 (6 inch) flour tortillas
  • 2 cups shredded Monteray Jack cheese
  • 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (I use medium)
  • Diced tomatoes, olives, and lettuce for garnish
Meat Mixture: Cook chicken and green chilies in a skillet for about 5 minutes. Add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions.

Cheese Mixture: In a medium bowl stir cottage cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper until blended.

Preheat oven to 350. Heat tortillas until soft. Put just enough enchilada sauce to lightly coat the bottom of the baking dish. In each tortilla put a spoonful of meat mixture, then a spoonful of cheese mixture, then top with Monteray Jack cheese. Roll it up, then place in baking dish. Cover enchiladas with enchilada sauce and top with any remaining meat/cheese. Garnish with your favorite veggies (I like using fresh diced tomatoes and sliced olives).

Cook for approx. 30 minutes. Makes about 6 servings.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you!! :)

Mom/Lisa said...

Thanks so much! They were so amazing!

Shane and Alissa said...

I can't believe Faith is five! That is crazy. You are going to have a kid in school. By the way your enchiladas were awesome I even posted it on my blog,I gave you the credit :)

Carl and Starla said...

Yum! Sounds good. I'll have to try them! I wish I had checked this earlier, I'm going to a babyshower in an hour and I have to bring a mexican dish...anyway, I can't wait to try it.